Our Mission Statement
BioEconomy Investor was founded by Wall Street veteran Shawn Severson with the mission of helping investors better understand key technologies, fundamentals and companies in the BioEconomy Value Chain. We believe there has been a fundamental shift in the investment industry that has led to fewer information channels, a shrinking knowledge base, declining company awareness and less fundamental research being conducted on emerging growth companies, including the BioEconomy. This change impacts not only the companies themselves, but also current shareholders and potential investors. Driven by significantly less active sponsorship by Wall Street, a substantial information gap has developed between companies and various constituents in the financial community and is especially relevant for smaller institutions, investment advisors, family offices and the average investor. The net result being fewer channels for insight and information to flow between companies and investors.
BioEconomy Investor is here to help investors make intelligent decisions through better information. We accomplish this by leveraging our significant Wall Street experience to help companies and investors identify the key variables and drivers that are impacting their stock and then provide clear and credible channels of information flow, insight, due diligence and discussion. We use contemporary digital communication channels to ensure a broad and diversified communication strategy that today’s modern investor can access and use. With the old model on Wall Street broken, we are helping investors and companies find a new model in order to rebuild the information exchange on which fundamental investment strategies are based.
More about us
- BEI was founded in 2015 by Wall Street Veteran Shawn Severson.
- We provide innovative investor focused content and distribution strategies designed to grow awareness and expand shareholder interest.
- Less Wall Street sponsorship.
- Inconsistent and outdated communication strategies and limited content.
- A growing knowledge gap and more retail investors.
- Limited internal resources and few tools.
- High quality, credible and proactive third party investor content.
- Leverages modern digital communication platforms.
- A broad portfolio of customized products.
- "The New BioEconomy is one of the most exciting and investible megatrends to come along in decades. Navigating this megatrend can be challenging, however, as the industry fundamentals cross into a variety of technology platforms, markets and applications. As Wall Street continues to allocate fewer resources to research, it is increasingly challenging for companies and investors to exchange information, incentivize critical trends and discover new investment ideas. This has impacted not only the individual investor, but even the professional investor and research analysts. When industry shifts happen, it creates opportunities for new models and strategies to emerge. BioEconomy Investor and the AlphaDirect Investor Intelligence strategy is a critical new piece to the investment puzzle to help ensure that the information flow between market constituents are consistent, of a high quality and have value-added perspective."Shawn SeversonFounder & CEO